On to Nature Lovers in Quepos


Advertisement
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 9.45, -84.15

We were up and finishing our packing by 4:15. Of course it is much cooler at that time and we knew that would be better for us. Got all the thing down the stairs and out to the driveway at about 5:15. We actually managed to do this without much noise! A couple of days before we left we had gone down to the road to see what happened with the bus service. The bus heads down the road from the crossroads at about 5:30 and heads all the way down to almost Playa Hermosa. The bus came and picked us up a little after 6:00 am and we got to Cobano.

The same guys were operating the bus from Cobano on to San Jose. Unfortunately the bus was full so we were not able to get on that bus and so took the bus from Cobano to Paquera. When we got to the ferry we were able to get our tickets and get on board. One of the workers helped pull one of our bags and instead of putting them under the stairs at the back of the ferry, he had us put them under the stairs at the front of the boat so it would be easier for us the disembark.

The tide was very low and so more things were visible than the usually are. Had some coffee and snacks and was a pleasant journey. Were able to get off the ferry without any problem and found a taxi or he found us and we were driven to the bus station and had our ticket to Quepos and were ready to leave on the 11:15 bus!

Bus ride was uneventful and arrived in Quepos around 2:00 ish and Thierry arrived shortly after that to take us to his place. Showed us where the bus stops were to catch rides to and from town and explained the "collectivo" and red taxi system as well. We are up outside of Quepos proper about 2 km up a steep and very windy road. The place is located in the Tennis Club Quepos.

Thierry showed us where the various nature trails were right on the property and then took us to the place. We are at the end of the road and there is lush jungle behind the house as we drove up. Our room was downstairs and WOW!, what a place. We have a balcony that has a gigantic tree beside it and jungle all around area. Place inside looked just as it had been pictured and we got ourselves settled in and Thierry said he was going back into town and would be glad to give us a ride to meet up with Craig and Jerry.




Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0191s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb