Communal dinner at Calocita


Advertisement
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 9.62783, -85.1385

Had a last coffee and then breakfast with Jerry and Craig and then they were heading out. We took our laundry in before breakfast and then back to our place to do some of our packing. Lunch was a clean out the refrigerator salad of spinach and all the other veggies we had in there.

While we were doing our packing, Chris called up to us and told us he had been able to get three kilos of tuna and was going to grill them and all the people in the rooms were welcome to bring something to share and we would have a communal dinner.

We put our heads together and fixed a spinach and tomato slices with a special marinade and sliced eggs and roasted almonds on top. Lauren and Weldon from NW Australia had brought a potato salad, Scottish couple a green salad and Marcos and new German couple bread and guacamole. Everything tasted delicious and we all had plenty to eat.

Had some very interesting conversation around the table about travel and all of our experiences. One of the guys from next door to us joined the group with a freshly baked coconut cake for our dessert.

There was a band in town that evidently many of the people were going to hear but we called it an early evening because we were getting up to catch the 6:00 a.m. bus to Cobano. It was probably our hottest night in our room but were finally able to get to sleep.




Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0295s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb