Dining at Manuel Antonio - Raphael's Terrazas


Advertisement
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 9.38945, -84.1347

Raphael's Terrazas

This is another one of our favorites for eating. Two years ago, we met the gregarious owner, Raphael, who gave us some of the history of his place and urged us to come eat there.

We did and were glad we did.

The first time we went to eat at Raphael's this trip, he was not there but we had a great meal and fabulous sunset.

We went back a second time and got there for happy hour. While we were waiting for the sun to go down in the cool shade a troup of squirrel monkeys appeared like magic ~!

Robert thought he spied Raphael and went over to talk to him. Robert told him about meeting him two years ago and he came over to our table to visit with us.

Raphael was tired from his very full day.

He had been working the Billfish Tournament up in Quepos and part of that included a catamaran cruise of 140 people who came down from San Jose and were bused to his place for lunch. Served 140 people lunch!

Guess he had a good reason to be tired.

Introduced us to his two brothers, one was our
waiter who was new to the place and the other the bartender who had been there two years ago. All very friendly.


Had a nice visit with him and split a great dinner of shrimp and mahi/mahi along with a caprese salad with a Costa Rica twist.

On our first visit we had not been able to catch the bus and had walked all the way down hill to the hostel. This time we walked uphill to the stop and were able to catch the bus down the hill to our room.


Additional photos below
Photos: 63, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0227s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb