Back in Magnifico Manuel Antonio !


Advertisement
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 9.38945, -84.1347

After a nice lunch at Craig's we got everything loaded up and headed for Manuel Antonio.

We rode with Craig through Quepos on the way and then were on the winding hills up and down that are such a trademark to me of Manuel Antonio.

Found the landmark for the turn (Marlin Restaurante ) off the main road, took another left first street to the right to get to National Park Backpackers and turned in when we saw their sign.

The rooms are small but are just fine since we did not plan to spend much time there except for napping and sleeping.

Took a tour of the rest of the area, saw the shower and ablutions block and a brief glance at the kitchen.

They did have two refrigerators that did not look very full.

Since we don't rent a car in Costa Rica to save money, one of the nice things about getting up and down the road down from Quepos to the park of Manuel Antonio's is the local bus service.

The bus runs from Manuel Antonio to Quepos every 20 minutes from about 6:30 a.m. to about 9 p.m. We were never able to get an absolute on the time from anyone.

There are several stops along the way and you might have to walk back down or up to the place you want to go but it is sure convenient and much safer than walking along some of the blind curves on the road.

One of the places we had been to in the past was Raphael's Terrazos Restaurant.

A couple of years ago we had stopped there to ask directions and check out their menu one morning and we actually met Raphael. He was most helpful and of course invited us to come back for dinner and enjoy the amazing views at sunset.

Until the sun goes down it is very warm sitting at one of the tables where you get the best view of the sunset but it was well worth it.

The sunset is stunning.

The sky turns golden, the water reflecting this and you are high above the scene and so it is almost magical.

At the very end, the sun just melts into the ocean. The food served here is wonderful and a very nice presentation.



Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0208s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb