-- Ray Kester-- performing LIVE at EL WAGON


Advertisement
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 9.38945, -84.1347

Seen recently on the jungle coast of Manuel
Antonio National Park, Costa Rica.......

Ray Kester ''performing LIVE at EL WAGON !!

(Did I imagine it, or was he glancing down
furtively for snakes and scorpions between verses ? ) /snark

We had met Ray at Luna Llena in Montezuma, enjoying hearing him play at the pizza place there.

When last seen he said he was going back to Manuel Antonio to play some more. When we were ready to go to MA we messaged him on FB and he replied that he was performing at El Wagon in the night we were to arrive after our visit with Costa Rica Craig.

Craig had driven us down and dropped us off at National Park Backpackers Hostel and then gone back to Quepos to see his girlfriend.

We invited Craig and Nery to join us for pizza dinner which Ray had said was exceptionally good and to hear Ray's performance.

We were skeptical of pizza dinner but wanted to hear Ray again so we went for it, and we were not disappointed in the least.

Ray was about to crank it up so we sat at the bar and listened while we waited
for Craig and Nery to arrive from Quepos.

When Nery and Craig got there we ordered our pizza complete with anchovies since we found out we all liked them. The pizza was made with a flair by the pizza maestro throwing the crust in the air and then putting the toppings on and putting it in the wood fired oven with along pizza pole.
Ray as usua

l was quite entertaining and we had a good time listening and visiting.

Craig and Nety left before we did because Nety had to leave for work early the next morning.

Ray introduced us to another customer who has coffee businesses in both Costa Rica and in Austin. This guy told us of his plans to open a coffee roasting and tasting business next to El Avion, one of favs.

We stayed until the end of Ray's gig and when we got ready to leave it was raining and the owner of El Wagon offered to give us a ride .

He thought we were staying up the hill where Ray was but even when he found out gave us a ride and his opinion about Costa Rica living, politics in the United States and probably more but the ride was over. All very interesting.

While we were eating, one of his friends had come over and told us a lot about the owner's many enterprises, three other nearby eating establishments beautifully tucked into the jungle along the Manuel Antonio road. Busy man he is.



Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.284s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1535s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb