Luna Llena, Montezuma, & Hike Tsunami Evac Rt


Advertisement
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 9.66303, -85.0671

What's happening in Montezuma............

It was nice to see most of the places that were in business two years ago when we were here are still in business and the street vendors are still steady trying to sell their wares as well.

As in many parts of the world Montezuma apparently has occasional water shortages.

On our third day here, we were told the kitchen was going to close at noon and not open until the next day, but the showers and toilets were going to be in full operation.

Apparently the area did not get as much rain as they usually do and are suffering as a result.

Also as in many parts of the world, one notices evidence of the lack of conservation in a number areas around town........leaving the water running when rinsing cleaning supplies, cleaning grill etc, people watering the street in front of their business, and watering the lawn at one of the other hotels during an emergency water shortage, and the list goes on.

Of course the same goes on in Austin as well.

The townspeople were holding meetings to try to come to some sort of solutions to their situation. From what we can gather, it is a complicated and many layered issue and is going to take some doing to find working solutions.

We of course used the situation to give us the excuse to go eat at Cocolores which is another restaurant we have enjoyed, dining under the palms on the waterfront, and has another stunning view of the ocean with black vocanic rocks that remind us of Hawaii.

http://www.montezumagardens.com/getting-here/ has great detailed directions on how to get to Montezuma

We saw a sign that said Ruta de Evacuacion. We decided to hike up it. Montezuma is on a narrow spit of land at the base of cliffs, and this route is up toward the top. We were unable to go the entire way because of a locked gate, but the views were gorgeous.

Water access in the kitchen was back to normal the next day.



Additional photos below
Photos: 76, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0191s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb