Taking a stroll around Montezuma


Advertisement
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 9.66303, -85.0671

Feeling much better and got up and went up to the chairs by the fence to watch the sunrise. It was a beautiful sunrise, popping up quite rapidly over the water. We fixed our fruit and toast with peanut butter breakfast and then decided since it was overcast, we should get some exercise.
Went to our room and did our yoga routine, then headed down into town. Walked down to check out the times for the bus back to Puntarenas. Robert seems to think it would be great fun to ride the boat to Jaco. I still am not of the same mind. We walked down the beach toward the camping area and the Hotel Arenas. All pretty much looks the same. Still can't quite understand how people can camp in that weather but many really did seem to be enjoying themselves!

Stopped at the lunch counter that is across from the favorite restaurant and had a blended fruit drink. We took a chance on the ice and had one with watermelon, pineapple and banana. Robert tried one with papaya. They were so refreshing and helped tamp down our hunger.

Walked down to the end of the road and looked down the beach. It was full sun by that time and we decided not to walk any further down the beach. The crashing waves were quite picturesque.
Back to the bookstore where we bought postcards and a mammal card of Costa Rica. We visited with the lady that runs it and of course got her take on the water situation. She lives in Cabuya where it seems the water situation is in better shape.

Back to the hostel for a yummy guacamole sandwich before siesta.



Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0181s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb