A day at the beach


Advertisement
Published: January 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today was the perfect day at the beach, we are the perfect shade of red, well some of us. With the cooler packed with a picnic of sorts, sandwich makings, water and fresh fruits we headed out of the house at 8:20am, arrived at the beach about 10ish and back home by 4pm. The day couldn't have been better. We left San Ramon in the clouds to find high clouds at the beach. We are not fans of sunny days at the beach so this immediately brought smiles to all our faces. We know what the sun here can do to you. Knowing this did not help to remind us to use sunscreen. Another painful lesson learned. Both Bill and Callista were slathered in aloe before bed. Cal had to have towels soaked in ice water applied for a good 30 minutes after she showered, OUCH! I'm anxious to see what her back looks like in the morning. The temperature at the beach was perfect. How’s that for technical. All I can say is we had just the right amount of sun and shade, we didn’t feel hot once all day and the water temperature was you guessed it, not to warm and not to cool, perfect.

We had so much fun today. I got to relax, alone on the beach and even dozed off several times. The sea was flat so boogie boarding was a bust for Bill but Callista managed to catch quite a few waves. Bill immediately made a friend in Paulo, a local 11 yr old who was fascinated with Callista and knew Bill was his ticket in. The three of them spent the afternoon playing together, digging in the sand, crabbing, boogie boarding, chasing the arrow copter. We brought out an arrow copter and all the kids were fascinated. We gave the toy to Paulo and his brothers when we left.

The beach we go to is Playa Dona Ana near Puntarenas, it’s on most of the maps. To find it follow directions to the Fiesta in from what I read now owned by HILTON family of hotels. The entrance to ‘our” beach is not far past the Fiesta Inn, on the right side look for the pink concrete pillars, nothing fancy, more like remnants from an early time, the sign says nothing about it being Playa Dona Ana . The camera wasn’t cooperating so I didn’t get pictures of the entrance this time. With a little luck a new camera will soon be on its way here as well as a few other uplifting items. 

PURA VIDA! A bit crispier…

Jen, Bill, Callista and Bear (who’s going to need to recover for several days from all the running today!)



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Digging in the sandDigging in the sand
Digging in the sand

Bill and Paulo
Howler in the treeHowler in the tree
Howler in the tree

I kept hearing howlers but didn't see one until we were leaving the beach parking lot.


Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0249s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb