Killing time in San Jose


Advertisement
Published: January 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Beautiful painingsBeautiful painingsBeautiful painings

These and other objects de art are available at an artesans market in downtown San Jose
Callista went to parque de diversiones with friends the other day and left Bill and I with a day to kill in San Jose. We decided to head to avenida central and just wander. Bill does all the driving when we're in San Jose so he really doesn't get to see much. You have to keep your eyes on the road or the cars next to you when driving down town. He enjoys walking the streets and seeing what he misses. There are some beautiful buildings in the areas surrounding the National Theatre and museums.

We enjoyed a cup of cafe con leche at an internet cafe in the morning above the walking street and watched the crowds. People are fascinating to watch, later we ate lunch at a restaurant above the street so we could again watch the crowds. Strolling mariachis came by as we waited for our food, it added a very nice touch to our adult day out without Callista.

Enjoy the photos!
Pura Vida!

Jen and Bill (alone for a day in the city)


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Music in the ParkMusic in the Park
Music in the Park

Saturday was the beginning of the music in the park series.
Hungry ChurchHungry Church
Hungry Church

Does it look like this doorway is waiting to swallow people whole or is it just me?
Artesans marketArtesans market
Artesans market

Painting ceramic tiles.
Great place for lunchGreat place for lunch
Great place for lunch

On the corner where the two walking streets meet.
Strolling MariachisStrolling Mariachis
Strolling Mariachis

How romantic!


Tot: 0.238s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 9; qc: 78; dbt: 0.1924s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb