Belly Dancing and Soccer Game


Advertisement
Published: February 10th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hi to all,

I know that it has been a while since i have written but i have been quite busy here. The past few days have been very 'cultural' for me. On Monday we went to a place where there was live Arabic music accompanied by a few belly dancers. The place had the ambiance of an old jazz bar lit with few lites and covered with art that only those with an open mind can interpret. I had a few Belgium beers there and with 8.8 percent alcohol i could say that if i didn´t stop iI'msure i would have ended up being one of those belly dancers.

Yesterday we went to a Lebanese where they can 'read your coffee it was similar to palm reading but different because the owner of the restaurant 'read' what the coffee had left behind in the cup. Without specifics can say that she told me a little about my past and that i would be successful here in CR. She also said that i will stay here for at least 6 months--so we´'ll see. (I'll just say i will never look at coffee the same way as before)

Last night i was able to go to the soccer match between CR and Mexico. In the end, Mexico had the victory, but what was interesting was how die hard each fan was. It was quite an experience and i´ll try to post some pictures. (i have been having trouble with pictures)

And the plan for this weekend is the beach. We are leaving tomorrow to a beach called jaco and then on Saturday to a place called puntarenas (on Saturday the carnival festivities start and i hear the entire town goes nuts). A group of us are going with out reservations and only our backbacks. I´ll be sure to write after carnaval.

pura vida

-nick

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0362s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb