Ocean and Forest


Advertisement
Published: February 11th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Breakfast at the hotel proved entertaining as the Howler Monkeys join us by breakfasting in the trees nearby. One never knew when they would show up.

Once again we choose to take the optional tour hoping for some wildlife sightings. It was a short ride to the marina in Quepos. We boarded the nice Catamaran complete with water slides and bar. There were drinks and snacks available. The day was beautiful and the ocean calm, but wildlife was at a minimum. We saw just a few different birds including Magnificent Frigatebirds, Brown Boobys and Brown Pelicans. Before lunch we anchored in a cove where we could snorkel or enjoy the water slides. I chose to snorkel and armed with my camera got a few murky fish photos. After snorkeling, lunch was provided on the boat. We were actually stopped just below our hotel which was up on the mountainside.

After returning to the hotel, we grabbed our cameras and walked the trail that lead down to the water. Before leaving the hotel area we were greeted by two mama Howler monkeys and their little ones. One still so little it was clinging to its mother. Farther down the trail we found a sloth sleeping in the trees. Eventually he awoke and slowly made his way to another location out of sight.

Back at the hotel we had a pizza for dinner.

Tomorrow we will be going for a walk in the Manuel Antonio National Park.


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0474s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb