Manuel Antonio National Park


Advertisement
Published: February 11th 2020
Edit Blog Post

After breakfast this morning, we had a short ride to the Manuel Antonio National Park. This is a very small park along the Pacific Coast of Costa Rica. We did a walking tour of the park walking in to the beach where we had several hours to enjoy the beach if we desired. The walk yielded very little new to our wildlife list with the exception of a few bugs. The larger animals consisted of monkeys and sloths. The White-faced Monkeys here are very bold and will steal items right off the beach if you do not watch your belongings. Raccoons will do the same as we watched one check out some backpacks.

After walking into the beach, we spent a short while sitting at a table near the beach before deciding to walk out of the park to await our bus. As we walked out we found White-faced Monkeys foraging in the trash and that raccoon checking out some backpacks.

Once out of the park and at the public beach we sat with 6 other of our fellow travelers at a little restaurant, grabbed a snack for lunch, and chatted with the others. When we returned to the hotel, we made our way to the pool area where we were told a sloth had been seen the day before. Upon arrival we found not one, but two sloths. Visiting monkeys chased the younger one, but the larger one stayed eating and climbing about the trees.

Our dinner this evening was at a local restaurant as we were saying farewell, for tomorrow we return to San Jose to prepare for our return home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb