Cahuita


Advertisement
Published: July 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

CahuitaCahuitaCahuita

Jesus Christ lizard sunning himself.
We have had some amazing adventures since my last entry. Friday night we were able to see the turtle lay hers eggs. It was a fantastic experience. The turtle was huge, around 4 feet long and 3 feet wide. She spent around 45 minutes digging her hole and then she lays her eggs in this hole. The guide said that each turtle lays around 100 to 125 eggs. The eggs are kind of soft and pliable and once the hole was filled to the brim, she spends another 45 minutes covering the whole. The top layer of eggs are no good and are only there to keep the real eggs safe. One huge highlight of our trip so far.
The next morning, Saturday, we left Tortuguero at 10AM and boarded a boat for a four hour ride to Limon. The boat ride was fantastic as we were able to see lots of wildlife. See pictures! Sloths, birds, monkeys and lizards. Another amazing experience.
We met an Israeli couple and they suggested Bocas Del Toro for the most beautiful beaches. We will be heading there next. We will leave either tomorrow or Tuesday for that destination which is in Panama.
We also
CahuitaCahuitaCahuita

Cows on edge of river. Crocodile bait?
met a Swiss mother and daughter, age 11 too, and have been running into them since Cariari. And another family from Sweden we have been bumping into also. Funny how we keep seeing eachother.
Today, we rented some bicycles and road them through the Cahuita national park. We saw more monkeys, sloths, spiders, and snakes. We are in heaven.
Tonight we are staying in Cabinas Smith for another night and it is $8 per night per person. Not too bad. I hear Panama will be much cheaper and I am excited about it. Well we are off to a black sand beach for some swimming.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

CahuitaCahuita
Cahuita

Scenery.
CahuitaCahuita
Cahuita

Scenery from front of boat.
CahuitaCahuita
Cahuita

More scenery.
CahuitaCahuita
Cahuita

Sloth.
CahuitaCahuita
Cahuita

Pink Spoonbill.
CahuitaCahuita
Cahuita

Macayla in boat.
CahuitaCahuita
Cahuita

Yellow snake.
CahuitaCahuita
Cahuita

Huge spider.
CahuitaCahuita
Cahuita

Crab.
CahuitaCahuita
Cahuita

Monkey.


Tot: 0.173s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0839s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb