Day 4 & 5


Advertisement
Published: December 20th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone, Yesterday was very relaxing. Feeling a little under the weather, we both slept late and rolled into breakfast around 1030. Most of the day was spent laying out around the pool and beach. On our way back to the room we couldn't help but stop at the taco stop for lunch. After being in a food coma for a couple of hours we walked to langosta, the south side of the bay. We grabbed a couple of fresh fruit daquires at Capitain Suizo and walked up the beach to tamarindo watching the gourgous sunset radiate the most stunning oranges and reds. We then ventured to the dragonfly, a newer and populor restaurant. We had Pasta with shrimp and chipotle cream sauce and a thai style fish cake with cilantro oil, both were great. The owner is from Mendocino, California and landed in Tamarindo a couple of years ago. He also owns Firefly, the great BBQ restaurant. We are having the hardest time deciding which was our favorite meal, because so far everything we have tried has been exceptional. Right now it is a toss up between the dragonfly and the Wok and Roll. We ate at the Wok the night before last. Homemade potstickers, spicy stir fry beef in a sesame suace, and my favorite the Korean Lettuce wraps. The wraps were a do it your self appetizer. They brought out two trays, one with Lettuce leaves, cabbage, the most aromatic basil, mint, and cilantro, and a korean chilli sauce and the other tray with sizzling pieces of meat. They were incredible. As for today we will be shopping and more laying out around the beach, however we are keeping our eye on a possible swell for wed and thur. We will most likely be hiking the volcano, Rincon de la Vieja, Wed. and with a little luck some surf will come through.

Rob

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb