Day 3


Advertisement
Published: December 18th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hola, everything in Tamarindo is great as usual. The surf has started to deminish, but the weather is great. Yesterday finished with a bang. We were surfing in Tamarindo and decided to try to walk to playa grande, which I thought to be only a short distance. First we had to paddle across the estuary that seperates the two beaches. The thought of crocodilles in the back of our heads added a little suspence to the situation. After the ten minute paddle we started our walk. After walking five minutes down the beach, I notice the small house that
was on the beach at playa grande and it was atleast 5 or 6 miles away. The journey quickly ended as we were still tired from the morning session, however we walked a little further were the beach went slightly inland and discovered a spot with only locals surfing. I think they called it pepitos or pecitos any way, it was a consistent head high A frame wave that had a powerful right. We surfed here till sunset catching some of the best waves of the trip. That night we went to an outdoor concert by edimus. Edimus consists of a Guitar player, an excellent percussionist and an unbelievable violinist. They were incredible. We listned to their music and enjoyed a couple of passion fruit margaritas, made with fresh puree, I highly recomend them and will be attempting them when I return home. As for today we made another trip to Playa grande this morning and returned just in time for breakfast. The goal for this afternoon is to simply relax and get some sun. Hope everyone is doing great back at home and I'll talk to yall soon.

Pura vida,
Rob

Advertisement



19th December 2005

Love the Blog!
Thanks Rob! The journal helps more than you know. Keep it up. Debbie
19th December 2005

Surf...
Hey...really interested in your blogs. Will be in Costa Rica at the end of April for a few months. Please keep on blogging the hot surf spots!
20th December 2005

Liberia
Yes, Beaches are great and natural with great and supplimented with great sunsets. Travel north to Nicaragua, great beaches but the boarder process sucks. Playa de coco has a little town action. Looks forward to the snapshots.

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb