Day 2


Advertisement
Published: December 17th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Buenos dias, It is around 1230 and we just made it back from Playa Avellenas, just past Playa Negra. Yesterday afternoon was another journey through the jungles to get to playa grande. It is clear to see how this infamous beach break could line up and form perfect waves, however we were not lucky enough to experience them. The wind was onshore and created a lot of chopiness, but the waves were big, atleast head high and 1 or two feet overhead at the peaks, and from time to time they would line up. After two hous of surfing a ruff day at playa grande, though it was better than our best days at the local destin spots, we headed back to Tamarindo to find long clean lines coming off the estuary. We grabbed our longboar and fish and surfed till our arms were noodles. Later that night we found another gem of Tamarindo. They are called Taco Stops. They are Restraunts throughout the area that provide basic latin american street food and many american-mexican items for dirt cheap prices. We ate till we couldnĀ“t pick up the fork, homemade nachose with mounds of fresh guacamole, fish tacos, and beef burritos that definitly require a fork and knife, their huge and of course all washed down with an ice cold imperial(local beer). We unfortunaley missed breakfast this morning, which has become my favorite moment when returning from a good surf. Breakfast is setup around the swimming pool where we are staying, where unbelievably nice local woman, Senora Silvia, prepares fresh local fruit,normaly bananas, coconut, kiwi, mango, and pineapple, strong costa rican coffee, and toast with homemade preserves. Dissapointed from missing breakfast we are headed to a local BBQ stand for lunch and then more surfing around the estuary.

PS The computer I have been using does not allow me to attach my camera to it, but there is another internet cafe down the street that I will try.

Pura Vida,
Rob

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb