granada to san juan del sur to costa rica


Advertisement
Published: December 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

we left granada on a chicken bus headed to rivas where we shared a cab with a couple of american guys. we all loaded up in a small toyota and were on our way to san juan del sur. we drove on the worst road ive ever seen. 4 guys in a tiny car on a road with huge pot holes doesnt mix. the car actually made it in one piece. we got out went to casa oro for a room but they were booked. so we went down the street and found another place to stay. we dropped off our bags and headed out to the beach. after a swim we went back showered and went for a beer and watched the sun set. afterwards we headed to the iguana bar for some food and ended up seeing jasmin there whom we met in granada she was with a girl she met called crystal from quebec so we all sat down and chatted and had some wine. it was a good time. afterwards we went back to the room and passed out. the next day we went to the casa oro and got a room. we decided then to go to maderas beach but we had t take a shuttle there. so 11 of us from the hostel crammed into the back of a rarnge rover and headed off. after about a 30 min ride we arrived and it was an amazing beach we chilled walk around talked to people and mike surfed. we werent getting pick up till 5pm so we were there for a while. around 4pm it started pouring rain so we all go trefuge and waited for the shuttle. the word got out that the shuttle couldnt go to the bottom to pick us up cause it was to muddy so we started to walk up to the top of the hill. then we saw the range rover and got in but he had to leave us at the top of the hill so he could go pick up more people down below. suffice to say it was a long crazy muddy ride back. oh and we also got stuck in the mud 3 times.. we finally got back and and all raced to the showers. then me mike jasmin and a guy called sam all went out for dinner. we got back bullshitted for a while and hit the sack. next day i woke up early and who do i see none othr than allan from belize. turns out he had broken up with emma and was travellin with 2 girls. we all went to breakfast then they were headed to tamarindo. we got a 1230 shuttle back to beach it was a much nicer day so the ride there and back was much better. we decided to leave the next day to tamarindo. we got up jumped on a bus to las virgenes then causght a bus to the border went thru the insane border crossing into costa rica got on another bus to liberia then the lady put me on the wrong bus to tamarindo so instead we went to santa cruz where we had to wait 2 hours for a bus to tamarindo. it was a long day. we finally arrived to tamaring and this place looks like cancun its highly devoloped and touristy which kinda freaked me out cause i wasnt used to it. oh yeah and the bus driver didnt stop where he said he would stop so we had to walk into town. we found a room and went down stairs and met a bunch of people and all went to la barra for a beer. the place was packed and saw allen again. suffice to say i got back at 5am and woke up at 730am today we just went to the beach and chillen and now trying to figure out what our next move is.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb