Jumping Waves and Swinging Hammocks


Advertisement
Published: August 12th 2013
Edit Blog Post

So after a 4 hour mini bus journey from Monteverde we arrived in the small beach town of Samara. Here we had booked into a new hostal called El Cactus. We are staying in our own bungalow as we plan to cook all our food ourselves here. The plan is to relax and chill out for 4 days, catch up on reading and take walks along the beach.

The beach is nice, dark sand and long cresent shaped bay. We walked along it and played in the waves which are great fun to jump. Some are very big and take you completely off your feet which is fun.

The afternoons are spent swinging in a hammock and reading. Eating homemade Guacamali as the avacadoes are lovely here, plus we have a garden with fresh chillis growing in it.

After four days of relaxing and doing nothing we jumped on a mini bus transfer of 5 hours to the airport to fly to Equador were we will be going on a boat cruise round the Galapagus. I am so excited.

On our bus journey we stopped at a rest stop and were gretted with the trees full of massive Macor Parrots! Crazy. They were so loud. There was also a bird sanctuary were we took some pictures of the tucans up close. As the ones we have seen in the jungles of Costa Rica have flown off to quickly.

Onto another country....


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0614s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb