Chicken entrail soup anyone?


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » North » Quito
August 16th 2013
Published: August 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

So after a 5 hour Mini bus ride to the airport, a flight to Colombia then a flight to Ecuador we arrived in Quito at 2am. Very tired and worn out from the travel day.

We were collected from the airport by our taxi who took us the hour journey to our Hilton hotel. We crashed out for a few hours in a lovely massive bed, then awoke to explore the old town. We walked through the park, saw the lovely church and headed for the food market.


We then spent some time walking around the local food market, looking at all the fresh veg, fruits and meats.We then stopped at a stall for a plate of lunch, egg, potato, avocado, salad and chorizo. It was yummy. We had this with the local drink of fresh blackberry juice, will be having more of this.Looking at all the food stalls we decided to have a bit more so Phill went for the safe option of blood sausage in potato and chicken entrail soup!!!! This didn't sound nice but tasted yummy.

We then headed back to our hotel to meet our group we would be travelling to the Galapagos Islands with. Tomorrow is an early start but I'm very excited.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb