Rice and Beans!


Advertisement
Published: November 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Manuel Antonio BeachManuel Antonio BeachManuel Antonio Beach

There´s a beautiful beach behind this tree!
The last few days here in La Fortuna have been great. We´ve slowed down a bit and decided to keep it to one adventure a day. Wednesday we hiked up the road a few miles to the La Fortuna waterfall. The waterfall is deep in the rainforest and the hike to the falls wasn´t exactly handicap accessible, but thanks fo the 55 mile breast cancer walk Becca did, she powered through it. The hike was well worth it and the waterfall was amazing. Water was extra blue and extra cold, but made for a great swim. We came back to our Cabina, made some guacamole and tossed back a few Imperials {costa rica beer} and watched for the volcano to emerge from the clouds, it´s been hiding from us the whole time!

Thursday was extra hard! We had to figue out which hot springs to visit to rest our tired bones. There´s 3 big hot springs in the area choosing between them wasn´t easy. We decided on Baldi, an upscale hotspring-spa. The place was incredible! About 10 different pools and spas to choose from, most equipped with swim up bars. We liked it so much we decided to go back
making some guacmaking some guacmaking some guac

havin´a snack outside our cabina
after dinner. Yup a full day of relaxation on Thanksgiving.

Today started out as a typical Costa Rican day. We saw 4 toucans outside our cabina as we were eating breakfast, it made Becca´s day. We arranged a rafting tour, got picked up at 8am and headed for the river. We were promised a class 3 tour but got more than we bargained for. 5 minutes into it we became experienced rafters as the raft flipped empting everybody into the river. Becca had to fend for herself as Kevin saved an 8 year old girl while our guide road the rapids on the upside down raft sceaming ´pura vida!´ while Becca was yelling for her life. It actually ended up being a lot of fun and a great adrenaline rush.

Tomorrow we´ve got a canopy tour set up. It´s similar to a zip line but takes you through the jungle. We´ll be like Tarzan and Jane, but more white and Becca will probably be screaming for her life, again.

Sunday we drop off the beater yaris and take a ´luxury minivan´ to Puerto Viejo on the Carribean side.

Good thing Kevin had to take Spanish 1
BaldiBaldiBaldi

Can you spot the two whitest people in Costa Rica
twice, it´s coming in handy!

Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving!

Kevin & Rebecca




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

La fortuna waterallLa fortuna waterall
La fortuna waterall

well worth the hike


Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0309s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb