Hola !


Advertisement
Costa Rica's flag
Central America Caribbean » Costa Rica » Alajuela » Atenas
February 29th 2008
Published: March 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Playa SamaraPlaya SamaraPlaya Samara

Palmbomen langs het strand....mooie plek om te lunchen. .............................................. Palm trees at the beach, nice place to have lunch

Helloooooooooooo,

Here we are....again ! it’s still windy but the sun is shining, we have a lot of blue sky around and the temperature is very nice offcourse.

We traded our Mazda for a Toyota 4Runner, no we apply to the slogan of our province: Guanacaste is Toyota Country ! In Grecia, close to San Jose, you have approx. 160 cardealers which means that there are a lot of people selling cars overthere. Some have 5 cars for sale, others 10 or more. It’s very simple, you park your car alongside the road and walk from one place to another to have a look at the cars for sale. If you’re lucky you’ll get a good price for your old car and have a deal ! that’s what happened to us. We stayed with our friends Aad and Marian, who live in Atenas, close to Grecia. They have a wonderul place overthere. Nice house and a swimming pool....hmmm we already sat in there at 06.00 in the morning, watching the sunrise, very nice.

The business is going very well, we’ve been (and still are) very busy drinking coffee with new arrived guests or guests who are leaving,
Playa Samara strand / beachPlaya Samara strand / beachPlaya Samara strand / beach

Gewoon mooi .............. Simply beautiful
explaining things to do in the area, going out for pizza with guests etc....dull life huh ? we love doing this so no problems on our side. People love it here because it’s nice and quiet, and offcourse the amazing view !

Also, we’re busy with the roundtrips we’re organizing for the Holland Hotels Costa Rica. Getting a lot of reservations as well as for the Wedding packages. People can make a roundtrip through the country and include a socalled Wedding package in a hotel of their choice, or more hotels, whatever they like.

Kees started varnishing te wood on the house, big job since it’s a big house with a lot of wood. It’s very necessary, didn’t have time to do this sooner, so now it’s a lot of work, after the wood is done, we’re gonna paint the house...another colour than white, don’t like that at all....

Little Chica cat is going to have little kittens, so next month we’re gonna have a lot more animals around. We were to late, taking her to the veterinarian, so there you go.....she’s getting fat too.

Enjoy the pictures, some are from Playa Samara, where we went last month. Just for a day, but it was very nice, relaxed and we also pretended to be tourists. Taking funny pictures and all that.
So untill next time: Pura Vida !

And what’s your news ????
Bye
Kees and Willeke
And the animalfarm



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Boom / TreeBoom / Tree
Boom / Tree

Mooie boom langs de weg, vlakbij de Tempisque brug .................................................... Beautiful tree along the road, close to the Tempisque bridge
 The Tempisque brug/bridge The Tempisque brug/bridge
The Tempisque brug/bridge

Dit is m dan, de brug ! ............................. This is it, the bridge !
Tempisque brug/bridgeTempisque brug/bridge
Tempisque brug/bridge

Kees op de brug, lekker stoer hoor ! ...................................... Kees on the bridge, playing tourist
Opgeknapt / FixedOpgeknapt / Fixed
Opgeknapt / Fixed

Er lag eerst gras en nu flink wat gravel, stukken beter. ......................................................... First we had grass, and now a lot of gravel, that works much better.
Muurtje / Little wallMuurtje / Little wall
Muurtje / Little wall

Muurtje gebouwd om grond tegen te houden en gravel te leggen voor parkeerplaats. Is stukken beter dan gras en modder... .......................................................... We build a little wall to keep the soil where we want it to, and also to make enough space to put the gravel. Much better than grass and dirt...
Atenas 2Atenas 2
Atenas 2

Kees bij het zwembad, bij Aad en Marian .................................................... Kees at the pool at Aad en Marian's place
AtenasAtenas
Atenas

Lekker aan het zwembad, wat een uitzicht he ? ........................................................... Just relaxing at the pool, what a view !
Just friendsJust friends
Just friends

In Atenas, with Aad and Marian
Verven / PaintingVerven / Painting
Verven / Painting

Op de ladder, eerst schuren en dan lakken, een heel karwei ............................................... It's a lot of work...


Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0695s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb