Relaxation


Advertisement
Published: November 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today was a very relaxing day. We got up early and ate breakfast. Then, we went our separate ways: Bryan went diving for the first time in the Cayman Islands and I hung out at the beach.

The sun was hot and the water was chilly, but a beautiful shade of turquoise! I soaked it all up, while reading magazines. It was great!

Bryan got back from his dive in time for lunch. So, we went to a local pizzeria called Ragazzi. We ordered a pizza to split--rosemary chicken, potatoes, onions and sweet peppers. It sounds kinda gross, but it was actually delicious! The fresh baked bread was also fantastic.

After lunch, we visited the Tortuga Rum Cake Factory!!! The factory had a window where you could look into the bakery and see them make the rum cakes. (NOTE: they pour a lot of rum over the top of the cakes after baking!) They also had free samples of all the different flavors! 😊 My favorites were the chocolate and the cinnamon raisin. Bryan enjoyed the coffee flavored and pineapple ones. Of course, we had to buy some to eat later....

We came back to the hotel so Bryan could get ready for his second dive of the day, a night dive. While he was out, I relaxed in the room and also made it to the beach in time to watch the sun set. So peaceful!

For dinner, I decided to try the fish tacos from our hotel restaurant. They have won an award 10 years in a row for being the best on the island. They were by far the best I have ever tasted! So sweet and flavorful with perfectly cooked fish. Yum!

Bryan returned from diving, excited to have seen a turtle and a moray eel. He tried to take pictures, but since it was dark, they did not turn out very well. 😞

Since we have an early start tomorrow, we are going to bed early again. (We are such party animals!) But first, we are going to split a small chocolate rum cake! What a way to end the day!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb