Waterfalls


Advertisement
Published: June 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

WaterfallsWaterfallsWaterfalls

By the time we returned from our hike the river had risen and combined these three into one big waterfall. Alex had thrown his flops on the shore and we found them in the river.
Geo: 16.2361, -89.0436

What a noisy night. Between the birds bugs and frogs, it sounded like a major jungle party had erupted. The temperature was pleasant though so sleeping was somewhat comfortable in our jungle hut. The rain has started coming more frequently which helps to cool things off a bit. I went for a nice walk while Alex had breakfast,
Hummingbirds seem fri be the most common birds here, however, there is a jungle alarm bird that gives off a crazy loud call as we approach warning the world of our presence. After breakfast we met a couple from Alabama that had one to check out the hotel. They were heading on to the waterfall as well and agreed to give us a ride. Alex was very pleased we didn't have to walk. Te waterfalls were amazing as they usually are. We swam around and played in the pool. We then hiked, climbed and swam our way up river exploring the area. When we made it back to the falls, others had arrived and showed that there were no rocks under the cliff I had been eyeballing earlier. Away I went jumping off while Alex shot video. So much fun. We returned to the animal farm (by getting picked up on the side of the road by a nice couple we met at the cliff) and explored further finding the cocoa crops and the pineapples. We finished off the evening with a game of 301 which Alex one, a bad movie, and good conversation with the owners Kevin and Renee.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



16th June 2014

I MISS my Boy!
16th June 2014

Very cool, I wish I was there!
16th June 2014

I love this photo!

Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb