Unbelizable


Advertisement
Belize's flag
Central America Caribbean » Belize
November 5th 2015
Published: November 6th 2015
Edit Blog Post

So after a great time in Mexico it was time to cross over to Guatemala, with a stop in Belize for the weekend. At the border crossing between Mexico and Belize, we had to lay out all our bags and then a bunch of army dudes with a sniffer dog rocked up. The dog had to check for certain products, one being fruit!! I suddenly thought I hope my juice plus doesn{t get me in trouble.....Once across the Mexican border, we all got on to the Belize water taxi!! No luxury yet cost enough!! The people I was with decided to sit at the front, bad idea!! Ive (dont know how to use apostrophes on this keyboard!) never gone up in the air and bounced around so much, thought Thailand was bad!! But hey, we then got to San Pedro and had to cross the Belize border, again strict security checking and asking everything! Finally we made it to Caye Caulker after a whole day of travelling!!

Getting off the boat from Mexico was quite a shock! They spoke English!! Yes for once we might not get scammed haha!! Caye Caulker is a beautiful Island in Belize, very small and has some of the best reefs in the world. We ventured out to the reef for a half day boat trip, of course Matt was very disappointed as he missed the rugby final!! My bad!! But we got to swim with barracudas, sharks, rays and so many tropical fish! Absolutely beautiful and such incredible experience. I did wonder why a barracuda swam right towards me, apparently you should not wear anything shiny as they can slice you! Great to know, i shall remove my necklace next time!!

Halloween was very eventful on the island, we started the night eating lobster (my first time) then ventured to the sports bar. All the locals, backpackers and tourists were rocking their outfits! We had jelly fish, a guy with a mammogram, guy with a pot on his head, clowns and Bin Laden! Not your typical vampire attire!! Haha! At another part of the Island they were throwing a big house party, well basically some rich bastards in their back garden aka half the island were! So we went to take a look, it was amazing!! However on the way back, the water taxi decided to crash in to a bollard and the poor driver did multiple flips in to the sea.... I actually thought I was going to have to swim and use my life saving skills but fortunately he was ok!! Not fun. So we continued the party in sports bar and left the venturing across the sea at night!

Belize does have some sad stories too though! There are many stray cats and dogs, but not quite like Asia! However on Caye Caulker, theres a lovely guy who cares for all the homeless cats and dogs. So me being a big dog lover now, decided we just had to take one for a walk!! Of course we got the craziest dog in the home. Every street dog came out to bark at this crazy girl but it was nice to see her so happy 😊.

It was great to not get scammed in Belize and everyone was very welcoming, since our queen pictures on their money!! Matt tried yoga for the first time and ached for a week after haha!! We made some friends and chilled with them, met a guy with a grass hat who listened to one direction on his bike all day long, stayed near the sea, Matt enjoyed multiple adult channels and just had a lovely chilled weekend.

And then it was off to Guatemala........


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0611s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb