Lap of luxury


Advertisement
Published: July 7th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Our stay at Glover's has come to an end. I think we loved it even better than 6 years ago, as the boys are old enough now to do so much fishing, but it's definitely not a place for those wanting to be pampered. The well water (for the 2 outdoor showers on the cay) is sulfur smelling and fairly salty, and compost toilets are not my favourite amenities. I love the over the water cabins and the beautiful starry nights, and the lack of electricity and being disconnected is wonderful for awhile (the main building with their restaurant has a generator amd wifi is turned on a couple hours each evening so you can still get any semi urgent messages, but no one walks around glued to their smartphone, which is a welcome change to most of the world!). However, a week of feeling salty most of the time has made me really appreciate the anticipation of a proper shower.
The boat ride back was super smooth. We got to the marina around 10, and our wonderful taxi driver Carlos (whatsapp +5016306944) was there waiting on us. We decided to stop for lunch, then to do cave tubing on the way back to Belize, as it's been something we'd been interested in. Glen didn't go, he preferred to sit around drinking beer. The boys and I had fun, but it was kind of slow paced, and they have to keep the tubes all clipped together, which I didn't love. The caves were beautiful though. And being in fresh water felt great!
After, we drove the rest of the way to Belize City, picked up a pizza, and around 5, went to look for the apartment we'd arranged on a house swap website. Glen preferred to do his own thing, so the taxi dropped us and he went to get a hotel somewhere.
The apartment is beautiful- balcony overlooking the sea, hot water jacuzzi tub, tv, wifi, a/c, washing machine. Mmmm. Perfect for a relax/organize day tomorrow, and catching up on the internet world tonight.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb