Glover's Reef


Advertisement
Published: July 7th 2019
Edit Blog Post

The week has just disappeared, one day blending into the next. Lots of relaxing and reading in hammocks for me, and fishing and lobster hubting for the boys (I accompanied them one day, but mostly I left them to all do their guy thing, along with Mathieu, the Italian guy who's been heading out with them every day and usually joins us for meals). We've been eating amazing meals every day, glad Glen is in charge of the cooking 😊 We've had lobster every day we've been here, and lots of fish. Yesterday was their last fishing day (they all wanted to relax today), and we finally got ice Wed, so we could put some of the catch on ice for meals today. Most days, they've walked along the crest out the 1 mile to the catch and keep zone, but yesterday they borrowed kayaks from another family that's here, who had rented them for the week. They thought they would troll and catch something big, but no luck with that. They still managed to get enough for us to eat well, but apparently there were several black tip sharks around, so they headed back in a bit more quickly than planned.
I went out this afternoon to do a bit of kayaking and snorkeling with Janine, Michael, their daughter Mickie and Auri. Then a sunset cocktail of coconit rum and juice before getting our last dinner ready. Tomorrow we head out at 8am.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0569s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb