Chicago to Belize


Advertisement
Published: March 15th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Sunset over Placencia BaySunset over Placencia BaySunset over Placencia Bay

Sunset with palm overlooking Placencia Bay
Travel from Chicago to Belize went well today. We didn't have any issues in Chicago and the airport did seem busy with spring break travelers. Our flight was on time and really no issues. We arrived in Belize and made our way into the beautiful sunshine and warmth of Belize. The disembarking of the plane was down the steps and a short walk across to the airport building. Before entering the building we were sent through a line with a short interview with the "health department". "What state did you originate from prior to boarding the plane in Chicago?" and "Have you traveled to any other countries in the last 30 days?". Without too much delay they shuffled us into the building. It seemed that they were doing more extensive interviews on some of the passengers. We waited our turn for the immigration interview. All of the staff in the airport were wearing regular masks or N85 masks. No issues with immigration and then we collected our bags and went to the customs area. Our paperwork was collected and out we went through the doors outside. The airport is very small and the whole process was very efficient. We walked across the road outside the airport and through a very small parking area to the rental car row across from the airport. We had reserved an economy car, but were told that we were upgraded because the economy car had been in an accident. We were given a nice diesel 4 door Ford Ranger. The guy at the car rental gave us a nice map and he explained the route to our resort. He drew a few extra pictures on the map as landmarks so we would know where our turns were. Towers and roundabouts. The drive was about 3 hours as it was all 2 way highway with some construction areas. We also got stuck behind some fuel trucks going through the winding and hilly Hummingbird Highway section. We arrived at our resort and were giving some nice lime and cucumber welcome drinks. We were taken to our room and started settling in, but realized that we did not have the proper setup. We were supposed to have a room with a king and 2 twins and they had put us in a room with a king and a couch. This was not going to work for Sriracha and Kasie! We went back to the front desk and they upgraded us from the bay side to the ocean side of the resort. We now have a lovely view of the ocean right at the poolside! After a cool cocktail and a meal on the ocean side of the resort, we went to the bay side to watch the sunset. There were local musicians and dancers. We relaxed and enjoyed until we decided that we were tired from our long day of travels and returned to our room.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Chicago AirportChicago Airport
Chicago Airport

Travel as usual at ORD
Relaxing at the resortRelaxing at the resort
Relaxing at the resort

Kasie and Sriracha


15th March 2020
Local musicians in Placencia

Hello fro Florida
Great to hear from you and about your new adventure. The scenery looks beautiful. Enjoy your time down there, we love you guys!

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb