Belize Day 1


Advertisement
Published: June 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Caye Caulker Caye Caulker Caye Caulker

Selfies in the street
Geo: 17.4977, -88.1867

It's always hard to start these entries in a way that not only let's you know what we are up to, but is also interesting for you to read. So I will skip through quickly. Morning in the hotel, free breakfast, uneventful flight, land in Belize airport with still no idea where we want to go first. I quickly learned, no one will hassle you when you keep saying, I don't know. Even the Belize immigration officers told us, well you have to pick somewhere. We ended up changing course in the taxi to the bus terminal and went to the water taxi. We took a 45 minuted high speed boat ride and ended up at an awesome island called Caye Caulker. ( or something like that. It is more of a beach village with a dirt road and coconut trees. We found a hostel for the night called Dirty Mcnastys. It is starting to live up to its name. I had to tone down the guests and remind them I have a 14 year old with me. We have booked our snorkeling trip for tomorrow with a somewhat sketchy guy who is quite the character. That should provide for a more entertaining blog tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



8th June 2014

The Island is sooo pretty and the building is very colorful!! The food looks delicious. Can't wait to hear about the snorkling trip.
8th June 2014

Sounds like your off to a great start. You two have a ball down there... You have both earned it.
8th June 2014

Alex really does, he got an A on a required Eoc exam that 8th graders have to pass to enter hs with math credits. If he didn't pass he would have had to goto a regular high school. So proud of him for stepping up his game when he had to.
8th June 2014

Big Momma wasn't well received so I have made a change just so you know who this is. Tell Alex I am so proud of him for stepping up his game and getting into a good hs. We will now expect this performance forever. That was always your wor
st fear in bringing home A's. Lol. Love you both!
9th June 2014

Wow, I was a Debbie Downer but sounds like the Mega Bus is the next weekend adventure. Glad it worked out. Place looks awesome. Congrats to Alex on his EOC. Be safe. Lot of pics...
9th June 2014

Looks like both of you are having a time of your lifes!
9th June 2014

It looks like Alex can't keep up with you!! LOL.....
10th June 2014

Ha, he recharges then continues on

Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb