Cruise! Oct 5, 2011 - Belize


Advertisement
Published: October 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Belize was a simple day for us. We took the 5 mile tender from the ship to the mainland. For those who have never cruised – this happens in areas where there either isn’t a port big enough for the ship – or there never will be a port big enough for any cruiseship because of the water/land conditions. In this case, there is a coral reef that Belize is famous for. Obviously, destroying it in the name of capitalism isn’t an option!

We walked around the port for a little bit before stopping into the Wet Lizard for a drink and snack. They fundraise by letting people write on the walls with markers and the establishment was started by an Atlanta gal who moved to Belize some 15 years ago with her family/children. She was there that day, so we spoke with her for a little bit. Its things like that which will make me a repeat visitor in the future!

We almost booked a river/cave tubing excursion for this day, but we did the math and realized we’d average 2 hours before and after the actual tubing experience. I know it’s something you’re supposed to do in Belize, but maybe next time! We’ve also yet to snorkel there too! (Last time in Belize, we did a jeep/cave/jungle bus/river boat ride combo tour, check back to my posts from April 2009 for info on that one, it was a great tour through carnival).




Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb