Go slow


Advertisement
Published: July 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

So we got a taxi to a travel agency then a shared shuttle that was full to the brim to Belize city. The shuttle took 7hours and was a little un comfy. The border crossing was simple and we entered Belize. Strange to be back in a country that they speak English!

We got dropped at the water taxi rank and caught the ferry across to Caye Calker. Which was quick only taking 50mins. This would be our home for the next 4 nights. We checked into our hotel that was right on the cost. Called Barefoot beach Belize, (not that Caye Caulker really has a beach!) nothing special but clean. Checking in was not fun as there was mosquites everywere! Massive swarms off them, we rushed into the hotel. I got bitten on my arms, chest and face around 30/35 times! Not nice. Covered in bug spray all hours of the day now! But we did find a new way to the hotel that didnt take us past this lane again.

After we checked in we went for a walk around the small island. They use golf carts to get around, there are no cars. It is lobster season here. Every restaurant is offering lobster for breakfast, lunch and dinner. In every food combination possible, omlette, nachos, tacos, bbq you name it, its sold on Caye Caulker.

The catchphrase of Caye Caulker is 'Go Slow!'. The plan was to relax for a few days, swim, read chill. This is what we did along with eat lobster and watch the massive tropical storm that has arrived.

We have booked on a boat cuise for the next 3 days to take us around the smaller Cayes off the coast of Belize. Very excited....


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb