Reef Fishing


Advertisement
Published: May 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We started our reef fishing trip at 8 AM. We hired a guide from Raggamuffin Tours. He had the poles and boat and we were off. Our first stop was for gas for the boat then we drove over to Chapel Caye were the caretakers of the island used a net to catch us a bunch of sardines. We drove out to an area where you could fish and used the sardines as bait. We were catching Silk Snappers. Our guide was catching a bunch just using a line and a rubber finger cover. They don't use poles here because they get in the way. We used the poles though and had fun. About halfway through the morning a storm roled through and we had to pack everything up quick and take cover. The water pelted hard for about 10 minutes then cleared up so we started fishing again. On the way back to the dock we drove by a place full of Tarpons the fish were huge and jumping out of the water to catch the rest of our sardines. Back at the dock Dave and our guide cleaned the fish and we took some back to eat. We went to lunch at the Chinese restaurant which was really good and had an ice cream cone on the way back. We spent the evening sitting on the porch watching everyone walk by to the Lazy Lizard to see the sunset. I'm pretty burnt already even though I kept putting on sunscreen.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0297s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb