Caye Caulker


Advertisement
Published: May 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We had breakfast at our hotel this morning since it was included in the room price. We took the hotel van to the marine terminal and checked our bags to Caye Caulker. Then we hopped in a cab and went to the rum factory. The tours only run during the week but we went through the museum and you could see into to themain processing area through a window. We bought a bottle of the three barrel rum (aged three years) the cheap rum was one barrel and there was also a five barrel. There were some bottles of over proof rum which we left on the shelf. We had the cab driver bring us to a grocery store before heading back to catch the boat. This turned out to be a good idea. The food on the island is expensive and the condo we booked has a kitchen so we can have a few meals in the room. It has been really windy since we got here but it is so hot it feels good. We walked around the island and booked a fishing trip for tomorrow morning and stopped at a bakery and picked up some cinnamon bread an regular bread. This is the smaller of the two main Belize islands but you can still spend an hour walking around. There are lots of restaurant choices and we had a fish burrito and fish pizza for lunch along with rum drinks. We spent the evening on the porch of the condo. The condo is near a split in the island so everyone walks by on the way to and from a popular bar. Lots of people watching. We made dinner at the condo and sat around relaxing.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0382s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb