Caye Caulker


Advertisement
Published: December 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We woke up at 7:30am, just in time to catch breakfast and run to the bus. The bus station was half a block from The Weary Traveler and the first bus for Chetumal left at 8:10am. We were fine buying tickets for roughly $15 American five minutes before departure. We arrived in Chetumal at 11:30am for lunch and the next bus to Belize City was leaving at 1:30pm. We got on that bus, meeting some fellow travelers all trying to get to Caye Caulker as well. We seem to learn the hard way, crossing the border into Belize, Matt paid 20 American and Justin and I combined for 70 quetzal (35 American). Fellow travellers were charged 20 quetzal and nothing. If you are not going back to Mexico tell them and say you are not paying and they will let you back on the bus for free with a bit of grumbling. The customs check was relaxed, they asked me where I was going then said have a pleasant stay. We got into Belize City at 5:20 just in time to get to the water taxi and catch the last boat to Caye Caulker. After a 45 minute speed boat ride we booked into a hostel called Tina's which is right on the beach. It costs 11 usd to stay and again we met some cool travelers to hang out with. We decided to have a relaxing night at the hostel with a few beers and socialization.   

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0501s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb