ay girl, go slow!


Advertisement
Published: May 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

We've been on Caye Caulker for the last few days now. just enjoying the island's slow pace and chillax atmosphere. On the way here the water taxi made a 5 second stop at Caye Chapel, which is an island that is just an golf course. you always here about these things and wonder if they actually exist. well they do-- for $1200 US a night. we're staying in a shack on the seaside with a rather sketchy dock. there is lots of shade to find (now that we are fairly sun burnt) and just enjoy the breeze and scenery. Yesterday we went on a full day snorkelling tour on a sail boat! it was lots of fun--- although I (Megan) was feeling slightly seasick, which was not so much fun. We snorkelled at the reef up by Ambergis Caye-- there are lots of cool coloured fish and different kind of sea life. we went to a couple marine reserves-- one place had sharks (just the vegetarian kind)! Today is a chill day as tomorrow is a full day of travel up to Tulum, Mexico, for more beach. I'm hoping to find some shade there until this sunburn heals a bit. the people here are so nice (and speak English!). but it's impossible to find any food with vegetables. the closest to veggie i've had is this local type of seafood salsa we ate on the boat called Cerviche, sooooo good! there is soo much fresh fruit here just like Guatemala... no way we're getting scurvy like them pirates. oh, ya, and da rum. I'm just waiting for Johnny to stumble out from somewhere holding a bottle of rum.... it's that kind of atmosphere. loving it. it's time to move tomorrow tho.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0322s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb