Great stirrup key, Bahamas baby!


Advertisement
Bahamas' flag
Central America Caribbean » Bahamas
November 12th 2013
Published: November 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Superb sleep in the amazingly comfortable bed, woke early to strange nosies I wasn't used to, Alex slept through them all!

Couldn't resist opening the curtains for a peek outside and found us opposite a small island with white beaches and the bluest sea ever.

Tried to get back to sleep but excitement took over much to Alex's dismay, up and at it for breakfast by the pool and to jump on the next available tender boat to the island.

The island is owned by Norwegian cruise lines and boasts bars, shops, stalls, bbq area and even mini open buses to take you on a tour of the island.

Unfortunately the weather for our four days on the cruise was not the best but although quite cloudy it was still around 86 degrees whatever that is in real money! The only place that wasn't 86 degrees was inside the ship, seriously these Floridians all suffer from hot flushes or have eskimo heritage, throughout the state, shops, malls, restaurants, offices, hotel reception areas all have the AC on so high the emissions must have made a hole in the ozone layer the size of a small country! It's not even high summer season! You go from a pleasant 89 degrees outside to 'freeze your bits off' 50 degrees or less inside.

The ship was no exception, even during one stormy windy night, it was still warmer out on the top deck than inside! I hadn't brought a cocktail dress with me but if I had, the whole image would have been somewhat spoiled by topping it off with a thick hoodie!

A few laps of the jogging track to warm up followed by a session in the gym.

That evening was a meet the Captain event. We already knew from the evening before that Pelle our Swedish Captain was a funny guy and we entertained ourselves watching him throw some shapes to the music as he happily had his photo taken with 2,000 passengers!

Caught in the act taking his photo with my phone, he came over and chatted to us for a good half hour, clearly loves his job and very enthusiastic about the ships especially the new one recently launched that he had a hand in building/designing! Felt rather special as he walked past everyone else without chatting and back to the bridge for some peace and quiet!

Enjoyed a meal in one of the posher restaurants, watched a great show in the Stardust lounge, had a few too many cocktails at happy hour, got lost again and eventually fell into bed looking forward to the next day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0347s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb