A bit breezy these Bahamas


Advertisement
Bahamas' flag
Central America Caribbean » Bahamas » Nassau
November 13th 2013
Published: November 29th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Up early again, excited to arrive in the port of Nassau. I remember staying in Nassau with BA and the crew hotel overlooked the beach toward the port, I used to get up early to watch the massive cruise ships manoeuvring their way through the barrow channel, often five or more ships arriving after each other.

Poor Alex wasn't getting a lay in this trip! Off for breakfast the wandered off the ship for a look around the shops in Nassau. After two minutes in the famous straw market, got bored with the calls of "hey pretty lady you want to buy something?" if you so much as glanced at anything on the stall.

Wandered along Bay St and found...wait for it...the Havaiana shop, a whole shop dedicated to flip flops in a wonderful array of patterns and colours, couldn't resist it and a new pair to add to my collection.

Grabbed a cold drink in Dunkin Donuts and took advantage of their wifi (very expensive onboard) then headed back to the ship to brave the breeze on the sun deck.

A few laps on the jogging track just to make up for the naughty breakfast then back to shower.

A quieter evening and an earlier night for me while Alex stayed up for the next comedy show.

Sailing away from port, the Captain announces on the PA that it is likley to be choppy! When the Captain says that we know it is REALLY going to be choppy, it was but the rocking sent me into a great sleep.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.278s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0507s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb