New Year's Eve


Advertisement
Bahamas' flag
Central America Caribbean » Bahamas
December 31st 2010
Published: February 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

The following day was New Year's Eve and we had a day at sea. This was the most relaxing day I had the entire time so I really enjoyed it, just getting my nose into a book and having some downtime. Finally the weather was warming up to be comfortable, so some sunbathing too.

In the evening, it was the usual sunset drinking saga, only this time followed by everyone on the entire ship on deck just before midnight to celebrate New Years. This was a blacktie event so everyone got dressed up to the nines and looked great. Men in black tie are so suave.

Must say was quite surprised the ship didn't lay on balloons or streamers or something for the passengers to see the New Year in.

There was a rumour that there would be fireworks but as a seasoned cruiser, knew without doubt the worse fear at sea is fire, so there definitely wouldn't be any fireworks. It turned out the ship was 7 minutes late in counting down the New Year (according to all our watches), so when it finally arrived there was lots of kissing and hugging and more champagne, followed by dancing.

This sure was a full on cruise, although once again I had a tour booked the following day which started early in the morning, so again couldn't afford to have a too late night. These early tours were becoming most annoying and I was beginning to regret booking them as I would liked to have kicked on this night.

The Singles Group had booked dinner every night at 8.30 p.m. and by the time we’d finished, it was invariably 10.30 p.m. so we never got to see any of the shows on board. Also, with such a late dinner, if you were getting up early for a tour, invariably it meant going to bed on a really full stomach. I honestly don't know why the tour operators didn't schedule these for the afternoon or late morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

RayRay
Ray

A southerner who said things like "everythang"
My fellow Australian, JackieMy fellow Australian, Jackie
My fellow Australian, Jackie

There were 2 other Australians on this cruise, Jackie from Sydney and Michael from Melbourne - although we hardly ever saw Michael.
Al and MeAl and Me
Al and Me

Perfect gentleman and really nice.
6 Minutes Counting Down6 Minutes Counting Down
6 Minutes Counting Down

They were 7 minutes late with their counting down
The Beauty, SherThe Beauty, Sher
The Beauty, Sher

Not a wrinkle in sight.
AlanAlan
Alan

Spent the day with Allan on Coco Cay - lovely fellow.


Tot: 0.22s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0624s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb