Coco Cay, Bahamas


Advertisement
Bahamas' flag
Central America Caribbean » Bahamas
December 31st 2010
Published: February 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

By 5.00 pm we'd left Nassau and set sail for Coco Cay, a private Island owned by the shipping line. The ship can't dock there so you catch a tender across to the Island, where they've also set up lunch and there's a very small market. When the ship leaves, everyone on the island leaves except the caretaker.

I suppose the trouble is, I live in a country with really excellent beaches - this one was a stony beach with very shallow water for a very long way out, so shallow you can’t swim in it - so trying to walk into deep water its Ouch, Ouch, Ouch before you’re even waste deep.

It was also dangerous as we saw a few stingrays in the shallows we were walking in – would have been so easy to tread on one you didn't see. The weather was finally getting a bit warmer although I could still have done with a jacket.

Apart from that, it did have Palm trees and torquois waters, so a very lazy day spent talking to a couple of my shipmates, swimming (when I finally got into deep water) and sun bathing before back to the sunset bar for, you guessed it, more drinks and sailing away.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb