Nassau, Bahamas


Advertisement
Bahamas' flag
Central America Caribbean » Bahamas » Nassau » Bahamas
December 30th 2010
Published: February 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

The following day, our first port of call was Nassau, the Bahamas. I was still waking up at 4.00 in the morning, so actually saw sunrise and sailing into Nassau.

I was expecting something exotic to be honest, even the name is exotic. However, it lacked the “Wow Factor” as its very poor one side of the river, and very rich the other side with some truly beautiful houses.

The Town is small and quite dingy and everyone seems to live on subsistence. I'd booked a snorkelling tour off a catamaran in the morning which I thought would have been great underwater viewing – even that was disappointing as the sea bed was a dirty brown, hardly any corral worth mentioning, although there were some beautiful fish. Unfortunately, due to the weather still not being really warm, the water was so cold most of us could only manage about 20 minutes in it. The sailing was nice though, as were the Rum Punches on the way back.

In the afternoon another Pub crawl was organised for the group in a really raucaus Pub. This involved games of downing shots of rum and having drinks poured down their throats, and I discovered just how loud some Americans can get. Mind you, some Australians are a close second.

Finally back onboard, more meeting for sunset drinks, pre-dinner drinks, drinks over dinner followed by more drinks at the disco.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0244s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb