Nassau, Bahamas


Advertisement
Bahamas' flag
Central America Caribbean » Bahamas » Nassau
October 4th 2018
Published: October 7th 2018
Edit Blog Post

The ship rocked & rolled last night while the thunder and lighting and rain pounded the ship all night. We slept great. We sailed into pouring rain in Nassau, Bahamas around 8am. By the time we were off the ship the rain had stopped and the humidity was all that remained. It was hot today. We took a tour to Nassau’s “Top Ten” spots. We liked about three or four of them. We agreed no more ship tours for us. We should have learned our lesson years ago. Regardless, we enjoyed spending time walking around the Atlantis Resort on our own. We bought a souvenir in their gift shop. We went to a rum cake factory (so-so) and to a rum distillery (awesome). The rum distillery tour was outside and self-guided so we skipped the tour and hung-out at the bar. I had the best pina colada! This was our favorite stop. ? We also visited a place called “Fish Central” or something like that – they take the conch, beat the shell and then cut it out of the shell, conch is still moving around while they skin it alive, score it alive, soak it in lime and pepper sauce, and serve it to you. Kamie watched all of this happen just like me – and then tried it! I don’t like eating animals that I just watched a guy skin alive. I swear, I should become a vegetarian. Later on the tour, we stopped at Blessings Beach. Apparently, putting your feet in the water gives you blessings so I did it. It was beautiful. It was hot outside. I wanted to go swimming again. I don’t remember what else we did today. We were back on the boat around 2:30pm. We took a nap and Kamie slept until after 5pm. He was rolling his eyes and jumping around in his sleep just like our dog does! HA I finished my book today. It’s so nice to read on vacation. It’s nice to read all the time but it’s better to read on a balcony with the wind in your face and it was nice on the balcony this afternoon and evening. We said goodbye to our dinner companions tonight. Interesting people, that’s for sure. We walked around the ship and enjoyed some of the music. They were having 80s and 90s hour in the aft lounge and it was packed with people singing some familiar tunes. It was great! We noticed the ship did some decorating for Halloween today.



We fly home tomorrow but it will be close to 11pm before we arrive in town. I can’t wait to give Simon a million kisses and get back on a regular schedule although I am very excited about Monday being Columbus Day so I get 3 days to be at home with Simon before returning to work.


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Atlantis from the fortAtlantis from the fort
Atlantis from the fort

That bridge is one giant suite. Michael Jackson was the first person to ever stay in it. It was named the MJ suite until he died. The cost is $25,000 per night and it's currently booked-up until 2029. Steve Harvey and his family recently stayed in the bridge suite for an entire month.
Blessings BeachBlessings Beach
Blessings Beach

...was littered with empty liquor containers and trash


Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0351s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb