My Favourite Port So Far - ARUBA!


Advertisement
Aruba's flag
Central America Caribbean » Aruba » Oranjestad
November 7th 2008
Published: November 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The day we arrived in Oranjestad, Aruba we had no expectations. We thought we’d go to a beach, but never expected the day we had. I think the reason it was so good, was not just the port itself, but the company with which we spent it! Nicole, Steph, Katelyn, and myself met up with Jimy, Humberto, and Victor (bar staff) for a day of fun in Aruba.

We walked towards the downtown area where we found a fun bar and stopped for a drink. Apparently here there are no rules about serving alcohol in the morning, because it was only about 10:30am at this point! We enjoyed a nice drink in the sun, by the water, then walked to catch a bus to the beach, only to decide to do an island tour instead!

The 7 of us climbed into a van and set off on our private island tour. Our driver was so awesome. He stopped at spots to take photos, took us to some highlights of the island, and even let us stop at a grocery store to buy beers and snack food!

One of the places we stopped was a giant rock formation that we climbed up and then had an amazing view of that area of the island. We also stopped at the California Lighthouse, where there was a beautiful restaurant with yet another beautiful view.

Next stop… the beach! We lied out, caught some rays (too many I’m afraid!) and Humberto even got to drive one of the speedboats pulling a banana boat, as the driver thought he looked bored sitting on the beach. lol. He found a starfish during his drive out too and dove down to get it. Beautiful!

After beach was dinner at Hooters then back to the ship. It was a FANTASTIC day with friends.



Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Our New FriendsOur New Friends
Our New Friends

The boys were getting their photos taken with the female bar tender so we decided to do the same with the men ;)
Drinking in the StreetsDrinking in the Streets
Drinking in the Streets

Everyone does it!
Island TourIsland Tour
Island Tour

Jimy popping out of the van during our tour
Climbing the RockClimbing the Rock
Climbing the Rock

Humberto, Me, Steph, Victor (Mexixo - bar staff)
The View from TopThe View from Top
The View from Top

If you look really hard, you can see the ships at the back. The Majesty is in front of the bigger one. lol
The ViewThe View
The View

Victor
California LighthouseCalifornia Lighthouse
California Lighthouse

The boys at the lighthouse
RoomiesRoomies
Roomies

Katelyn and I at the beautiful restaurant with a beautiful view
Starfish!Starfish!
Starfish!

This is the one that Humberto dove down to get
Sr. FrogsSr. Frogs
Sr. Frogs

Nicole has an obsession/fear of sharks, so we thought this was pretty fun
Sr. FrogsSr. Frogs
Sr. Frogs

Jimy and Mr. Frog


17th November 2008

sr. frogs
i went to a rest. with the same name.. in Acapulco.. did you have big margaritas? I had about 3 of them that night and was quite in the mood to party afterwards! :) (it was a baby jill from university night to say the least hehehe)
18th November 2008

lol - i can't think of anywhere down south where it's ever too early to drink! my personal favourite is doing island tours and the driver pulls over so you can buy beer from women just sitting at the side of the road with a cooler, then you keep on driving :)
23rd November 2008

miss sarah!
hooters!? you wild woman. cool pics, dude. looks like you are having a lot of fun.

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 9; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0642s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb