I'm all at sea


Advertisement
Published: March 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone
Have now left the Caribbean, last port of call Antigua, where Nelson established a base some time ago. An interesting wharf and museum (Nelson wasn't there - must be attending to his column), and a natural enclosed harbour where you go when a hurricane is imminent. Happens quite a lot, but not this time of year (a good arrangement, in our case). Our haven is now haring across the Atlantic at a fair lick, to arrive in Madiera in 5 days. The clocks go forward an hour each day! We're at the mercy of storm, tempest and Moby Dick (which I'm told is curable with ointment). It means more work for the band, as the 'inmates' are stuck on board and expect some entertaining. An X-factor contestant is on tonight, black soul singer with a nice set of Motown. The sea is now a bit wobbly - a strange sensation on the stage, when you feel your stomach moving but everything else still. So far no effect on my delicate innards! The captain also seems to go out of his way to go round storm fronts, not for the sake of the boat but there could easily be a few broken legs if it cuts up rough.
So its time in the gym for the next few days to work off the excesses, then into the Med.
Take care
D





Advertisement



31st March 2009

Have you received replies..............
David, glad to hear things are going well and work is not getting in the way to much. Ray and I sent you messages, have you received them - let us know will you.

Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0621s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb