Who Is Kempo Abroad?
A 20 year old originally from Norfolk, England who is currently living in Loughborough studying Physics at university there. I love to travel and hike and coming from one of the flattest parts of the country, this usually happens at the same time 😊 I came across this quote from Mark Twain and I think it sums up my attitude towards travel very well:
Travel History And Future
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
I grew up with family holidays to Europe, including trips to Portugal and the Spanish Islands and one amazing trip to Florida but it wasn't until 2009 that I ventured off on my own. This was in the form of a 3 month trip to the USA and involved 10 weeks volunteering with a group called American Conservation Experience and then 2 weeks touring the cities on the west coast. After this the diagnosis was not looking good, definitely a case of the travel bug but first, 4 years of university! This is to include a year on a paid work placement and the savings from this will be used to fund a round the world trip in 2014. In the meantime I have taken to seeing some of Europe's capital cities and have so far been to Lisbon, Budapest and Amsterdam and am heading for Prague in September. 5 of the best
5 of the worst
- The view from Devil's Bridge: Sedona October '09
- Experiencing Thanksgiving: Flagstaff November '09
- Night out in Budapest: September '10
- The amount of Lisbon we managed to see in just one day: July '10
- Luxurious hotel in Denver after weeks of bunk beds or a sleeping bag: December '09
- Having to come home: Los Angeles Airport December '09
- -15 degrees night time temperature while camping: Lake Tahoe, November '09
- Rain in San Diego (usually has ~10 days rain a year, just my bad luck!): December '09
- Greyhound buses: Las Vegas November '09
- Flight delays: Stansted, JFK and Denver especially