Dubai’s Cuisine – How To Eat Like An Emirati?


Advertisement
Asia
March 31st 2016
Published: March 31st 2016
Edit Blog Post

Dubai’s culinary culture is the perfect combination between the essences of traditions and the influences of other neighbor cuisines. Having the best bits from Levantine – a type of flatbreads and meze or enjoying the juicy taste of Morrocan – a dish of tagines and meat stews together with local addition of camel milk and saffron threads, Dubai’s cuisines is designed to comfort and satisfy travelers.

More features: Dubai travel and cuisine

Check out our top five most famous Dubai Emirati dishes below to have a further look at an unique Emirate meal.

5. Desserts at Al Muraqqabat Street

For those sweet teeth, going back to Al Muraqqabat street and filling a box of cookies with Al Samadi sweets will definitely be your great choice. Coming to the store, you can choose from various stacked pyramids and shelves of sweet treats. Emirati families often drop by here to order sweets in bulk to keep at hand for unexpected guests. Among several mouth-watering stuffs, my suggestion for you is to try “ma’amoul”, which is a spiced date cookie or “bukaj”, the cashew nut-stuffed baklava pouch. Both of which cap off celebratory feasts that will totally satisfy your sweet hunger.

4. Dinning in Deira’s traditional tent rooms

Travelling to Dubai in large group and still looking for a place for group dinner? Just pull up a cushion and share your family-style meal in one of Deira’s traditional tent rooms. Tummy-filling dishes such as “shortbat adas” – a type of lentil soup or chicken “machboos” – chicken cooked with rice in a blend of roasted spices will bring you the distinctive experiences of a true Emirati meal.

3. Tasting the traditional bread in Dubai’s hip art district

To quickly soother your afternoon crave, nothing is better than a crunchy bread. Specializing in “man’oushe” (a commonly used term for flatbread bakes and wraps) and is opened 24/7, the Emirati-owned Zaroob aims to recapture the Levant era with their huge menu of fresh meze and grills. Decorating the restaurant is street-inspired artwork and the long outdoor open terrace to catch some sunlight, this restaurant is surely a perfect place for the achingly hip and arty crowd. Don’t be hesitated to ask for your leftovers to be wrapped up to take away as it is a welcome common practice here

2. Having a go with Meylas food truck

Craving for something quick but must be traditional? Hunt down the Meylas food truck, which features next-gen foodies prepping the traditional recipes handed down by their mothers and grandmothers. You will absolutely want to go back for the “rgaag” sandwiches – a type of sandwich made with paper-thin crispy Arabic bread or the “batheetha” – a dessert made with date paste and ghee. Don’t miss out to try “legimat” – the famous sticky fried dumpling.

1. Breakfast at Qwaider Al Nabulsi

Starting your great morning the way hundreds of local residents do with a visit to Qwaider Al Nabulsi for a “kunafa”, the Emirati version of a cheese Danish. Topped with shredded pastry together with melted cheese oozes out from a sweetened egg-glazed roll while being paired with iced lemon-mint drink, kunafa is indeed the ideal start to cut through your sugary breakfast roll and quenching early-morning thirst.

If you want to have more insight information about the amazing Dubai, don’t hesitate a minute to CONTACT US NOW to gain yourself a professional 24/7 support from our experienced Travel Experts!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb