Day 26 - Fly to Mumbai, The city that never sleeps


Advertisement
Asia
August 13th 2014
Published: August 13th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Day 26 - Fly to Mumbai
Breakfast was as good as always! Jude and I got right into the routine; I got our cereals, Jude ordered the omelettes, and got tea and coffee, then I sorted the toast,? Jude got the fruit. We had it well sorted! But......
The calmness and the excessive relaxing was not to our taste! Goa has been an interesting experience for us. There was plenty to see and do, but we both prefer the chaos, hustle and bustle of the city.
We got packed up after breakfast, then prepared to set off back to the airport for Mumbai for our last few days in India.
The flight was just over an hour, and taking the pre paid from the airport makes life so much easier. It takes all the haggling and stress out of getting to where you need to be!
A big thing we noticed straight away was the prices! Goa is so expensive!
We set off in the taxi; straight away the smell of food and petrol, the horns blowing, the noise of the organised chaotic traffic..... All of my senses came alive again. Both Jude and I had the biggest smiles on our faces, and our eyes had that sparkle back in them! Wwwwoooaaawww..... It was like returning home! The Indian city life certainly suits us both do much better than the slow tourist style of Goa, as beautiful as it is!
The hotel is ok, certainly not as posh as the one in Goa; but We are both much happier here!
Once we had settled in, we went out for an orientation walk . It was so busy. We say in a 'local' cafe for food and drinks. We laughed and chatted, as we always do, but it was south lighter hearted now that we feel comfortable again.
Can't wait to explore tomorrow



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.321s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0854s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb