Hanoi day one


Advertisement
Asia
April 27th 2012
Published: April 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We organized a driver thru the hotel to take us to the airport , our flight was for 8, so pickup at 6! After some fun packing and repacking to fit everything in, we were off. Flight was good, flew with jet star, arrived at 10. We had a transfer for the hotel who was waiting for us, which was good. Took about an hour to get to the hotel in old quarter. After check in we had a shower and a snooze for an hour then out to explore. Old quarter is like a rabbit warren, withl lil streets and lanes everywhere. Streets are filled with shops n restaurants, cafes and markets. Were only here for the day as we were heading on the overnight train to sapa, we had some dinner in the restaurant opposite the hotel while we waited or our pickup. We were picked up by minibus and taken to Hanoi train station, so so glad we booked this thru an agency, as they helped us to our carriage. It was chaos at the ration, as you have to cross the tracks with your luggage and look for your carriage lol. We checked in and were impressed it was much nicer than we were expecting, we did book the VIP berth though :-)) had a coffee and settled in for our leel on the fanxipan express... Sapa here we come!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0219s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb