Sapa day one


Advertisement
Asia
April 27th 2012
Published: April 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Had a pretty good sleep, considering how much the train was rocking and jerking along the tracks. Only woke a few times, the steward knocked at the door around 5 which meant we were 1/2hr from Lao cai station in sapa. Our guide LAN met us at the station, I had prebooked her before leaving Australia, she is from sapa sisters and was happy I I'd. She was awesome. Funny, informative, friendly and vey cute lol. She took us to breakfast at a nearby restaurant, where we had some pancakes before setting off to bac ha. We arrived early, so went for a short trek thru a village. It is so beautiful here, the scenery is stunning here, like nothing we've ever seen before. Massive mountains surrounding us everywhere with beautiful terraced rice fields and farming. A man in the village invited us in to look thru his house. Thesea homes are very primitive, made from mud/clay with dirt floors and fire to cook on, though they seem happy. Two lil girls in the village gave me some flowers very cute. We walked for bout an hour before returning to the car to head to bac ha markets. Here is the big markets for the area for the minority tribes. Flower Hmong, dressed in there bright colors, lack Hmong in black and red dzao in there b,ack and red. They were selling everything here from bullocks and horses to peanuts and everything in between. Was an amazing bustling site to see! We were there for a few hours just taking it in and then went to lunch at a restaurant. LAN chose the food and there was so much of it lol! We left here and had a nice snooze in the car on the way back to Lao cai, where we visited the Chinese border. Took some photos and continued into sapa. Our hotel is gorgeous the view from our room is to die for. Mountains as far as you can see. I booked in for a massage and mic had a sleep. We ordered in some room service and fell asleep early,mwas a huge day!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0555s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb