Siem reap day 1 part 2


Advertisement
Asia
April 15th 2012
Published: April 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

So, after our rest, we ventured out and found a lovely tuk tuk driver at the front of the hotel. His name is song and he is so sweet. Really quietly spoken gentle guy. He took us on a tour to the archeological park to visit the ancient temples, sounds kinda boring but is actually amazing! We visited, Angkor Tom, ta keo, ta prom (where tomb raider was filmed) and a couple more I can't remember the names of oops! We were going to visit the Angkor wat the biggest temple, however it was too busy and they were not allowing any more cars, bikes tuk tuks etc to park, so we arranged to go tomorrow with song.

It is actually Cambodia new year here ATM, whitch is why it's so busy at the temples. Many, many families there celebrating with picnics or just relaxing.

There were many beautiful children, with the biggest smiles and huge dark eyes! They are just sooooooo cute!

After our big afternoon exploring the temples, we came back to the hotel and had a much needed shower. It is so so hot here right now, I have never sweated so much in my life.Plus there is red dust everywhere so we were sweaty and dirty lol.

We headed out for a walk down the road to find somewhere for dinner. We're not staying right in town, on the outskirts so was mainly locals, so we picked the busiest one! The food was delicious. We've never eaten Cambodian food before, so we're a lil unsure n went with the safe options ofchicken fried rice, chicken noodles and stir fried veggies. Yummy! Left there very full and ready for bed! Mic was happy to find the golf was on on tv lol so settled in towatch that and I fell asleep in no time...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.22s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 42; dbt: 0.1486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb