Siem reap day 1


Advertisement
Asia
April 14th 2012
Published: April 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Well we were up at 3 this morning, luckily as we don't have a wat h alarm clock or phone that was working, so we hastily tried downloading an alarm app on the iPad, with our dodgy wifi in the hotel in kl, and thankfully it finally downloaded! Still had a pretty average sleep waking up every hour or so, but mic sleep like a log lol! We were up at 330 n on the bus to kl airport by 415! Check in was smooth, had some brekky and a coffee and I'll look round the shops, n waited for our flight. Flight here took 2hrs, n our transfer met us at the airport. Straight to our hotel where they had our room ready for us early yay, so now mic is laying down and I'm typing here. Going to head out this afternoon to Angkor wat!!! Can't wait!

First impressions: this is a very very poor country, people are very friendly and helpful! They have beautiful, big, warm smiles and are very softly spoken and polite. There are army men on the side of road with machine guns. Will I be able to get mic out of the hotel room haha, for those that know him, you know how sceptical he was out coming here! Nervous and excited all at once.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0303s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb