Mums The Word...With Pictures!


Advertisement
Asia
June 30th 2006
Published: July 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello Everyone.
After leaving the north we went to Bangkok to start heading down south. At the train station to our suprise we bumped into mum who happened to have three train tickets heading down south! What a coincidence! We spent 8 and 1/2 hours on the second class train! A first for us as we normally go on lovely third class. We arrived in Champong at 10pm and got on a night ferry to Koh Tao at 12pm. The boat had matresses all over it so we had a good sleep. We arrived in Koh Tao at 6am where mum enjoyed numerous meals while me and bobby slugged around looking for accomodation. We decided on a nice resort a few metres away from the beach. After settling in, we went for a walk along some beaches and went to see a cave u the mountain but there was a No Entry sign when we got there. Therefore we decided to have a bite to eat in a deserted restuaant at the top of the mountain. However due to its lack of customers they had a lack of food as anything we ordered they said they didnt have!
The next day we went on an all day boat/snorkling trip around the whole island. We saw a lot of pretty fishes and no sharks thankfully (see pictures).
The day after that we had a nice relaxing day at the beach after slogging up another hill in the morning to see a view but we discovered you had to pay when we got to the top so we just looked at the free view. The beach we went to had lovely hot water - the hottest water i have been in so far. It was like a bath.
Yesterday we got on the ferry to Koh Phan Nan. We then went to a little town at the top of the island and we managed to get nice and cheap accomodation ont he beach with great sea views (see pictures).
Today we traveled back to the main town down south and we are probably going to see some nice attractions later today.

Yvonne we are now up to date-ish with all the celebrity gossip thanks to Mum bringing a massive stack of magazines. We liked the britney news and the paul and heather mccartheny news was sad. Any more info on that would be great. Also mum is paying the money to your dad as we speak.

We havent taken any pictures of the creatures yet as we are so scared that photography is the last thing on our mind. But we will try.

Sussie we did see a massive Ghekco a few days ago in a hat that mum was about to put on. Luckily me screaming put her off from trying it on. Phew.

Finally I am very jealous that you saw Mr. Azzopardi! Tell me all the gossip. I am glad he is alive - is he still the same? Also take loads of pictures of darius for me and send him my love.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



30th June 2006

Saying Hi
Hello girls, glad you are enjoying your trip, keep taking the pics. What is your itinerary? Do you plan to go to Hua Hin? I will be there on business myself soon and would love to hear your impressions of the area. I believe the King lives there? Paul MaCartney news........ Heather was going to sue him for squillions but her lawyer advised her that she doesn't have a leg to stand oooops..........
5th July 2006

You can't con us .....
Wow, what a great hoax!! How did you manage to get a cardboard cut-out of you mum in the sea? We were nearly fooled, but we saw the join. Donna in shorts - gosh that must have been a hoax too!!!!! Love Ying and Yang xx
5th July 2006

elephant ride
hi girls all!I thought it must be cheaper getting around by istclass jumbo but even so they need refuelling See pic. Or you have the choice offered by E. & Oriental railways-- Thailand,Malaysia andSingapore to fly Bankok, train to singapore stop in Kancanburi and visit R kwai then Phuket, for £2850 & they dont evenoffer to visit Tescos. Keep going! Looking forward to seeing Billie Lots luv G

Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0279s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb